There are a whole host of tools to help, whether this is for those times when it’s beyond your core skills or whether it’s for when you simply don’t have the time. Here is my list of key resources.
- Content: ContentNow.co.uk
- People: PeoplePerHour.com
- Engagement: WidgetBox.com
- Surveys: SurveyMonkey.com
Here are some top tips when creating a new website.
- Clear Concept & Purpose – Start with a blank piece of paper, and write down the purpose of the site. Ask yourself, what are you trying to achieve?
- Engaging Website – Would you be engaged by the content?
- Natural SEO
- Choose a domain name that you can build into a brand. Avoid keyword rich domains unless you have the backing to develop it into a brand, like Hotels.com
- Clean markup that validates in W3 Validator.
- Fast page load times.
- Unique, good quality content that people will want to read.
- Add links to social media pages
- Add Facebook share box
- Add videos
- Good internal link structure, including a Breadcrumb.
- Avoid duplicate meta data or title tags
- One H1, two H2, three H3 etc.
- MicroFormats, eg. hReview for review sites – Microformats.org