List of tools that have been recommended to me at various conferences.
- Majestic SEO
- Open Site Explorer – Site analysis
- Ubersuggest – Keyword suggestion tool
These aren’t resources as such, more tips from SEO managers. I can’t say I agree with these but they are from highly capable seo experts.
- Search for Expired Domains, then re-publish their de-indexed content
Google Panda is well documented so this isn’t going to be an article about what Panda is, is not, when it happened, why etc. Instead, it’s simply a list of the top tips to follow if your site has been affected by the various Panda updates.
- Don’t Panic!
- Quality Content
- Natural Links
- Good User Experience
- Delete poor quality pages – top tip: check for high bounce rates or low dwell time in your analytics.
- Write interesting, unique articles that people would want to read.
- Publish articles on a regular basis.
- Improve user engagement, encourage visitors to leave comments or interact via social networks; facebook, twitter and google +1.
- Use Google Webmaster Tools to identify html and other issues.
- Remove keyword rich internal (or external) links in the footer. Instead replace with your Company details. For example, for a Limited Company include Company Name, Registered No and VAT No where applicable.
- Clean up your Title Tags, remove spam based duplication and repetition.
- Remove affiliate links.
- Block all non-content files and directories in your robots.txt, especially true for WordPress sites.
- Request inclusion into Google News and Bing News.
- No low quality links, which may mean askisters to remove them from their sites.
- Reduce the number of posts in the RSS feed to reduce the impact of scrapers.
- Fix broken links and improve internal link structure.
- Reduce the number of internal and external sidebar links.
- Balance the anchor text to 1/3rd Brand, 1/3rd Keyword, 1/3rd Other, ie. be natural.
- Add rel=author to site and link to your Google+ account
- From Google+ link to Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest and all the sites where you are an author.
- Use a Caching plugin like W3 Total Cache or WP Super Cache.
Google Panda Recovery Tips
Here are some resources that I’ve found useful;